- DAY 1. Arrival and a guided tour of the Museum of the Battle of Navas de Tolosa. From 12:00, check-in to the selected hotel. Lunch. In the afternoon, a visit to the Peñalosa archaeological site walking along the path known as the Sendero del Bronce. Dinner at the hotel.
- DAY 2. Breakfast in the hotel. In the morning, guided tours of Burgalimar Castle and the Territorial Museum in Baños de la Encina, and a visit to a ranch which breeds fighting bulls in Vilches, with an optional lunch at the same farm.
One night at a hotel half board. Guided tours of the Museum of the Battle of Navas de Tolosa (a group of at least 20 people is required) and Burgalimar Castle. Hiking trip along the GR48 to the Peñalosa site (3 hours approx.). Guided tour of the ranch which breeds fighting bulls (3 hours approx.). Important: Unless expressly stated otherwise, the average duration of the visits is 2 hours and this does not include the transfers between the towns.
IN THE SURROUNDING AREA
Despeñaperros and Sierra de Andújar Natural Parks. The towns of Úbeda and Baeza, which have been inscribed on the World Heritage List.
The Mining Museum and the Raphael Museum in Linares. The path known as the Sendero “El Empedraillo”, the Muñecos Cave and the Castle of Castro Ferral in Despeñaperros Natural Park. The Cimbarra Waterfall in Aldeaquemada.
OPTIONAL ACTIVITIES ON OFFER
Outdoor meal at a farm which also has a ranch that breeds fighting bulls (€20/person). Equestrian centre (€20/person/hour). 4×4 tour in the Sierra de Andújar during September and October to spot deer during mating season (€30/person). These options require groups of at least 8 people. The average duration of these options is 3 hours. You can also stay overnight at a first-class campsite.
REGARDING STAYS IN ANY BOOKED ACCOMMODATION
- The prices stated are final, including V.A.T.
- The programmes listed are the same throughout the year. However, depending on the season, activities that complement those which have been described in detail may be included as optional or recommended to make your stay along the Route of the Castles and Battlegrounds of Jaén as appealing and varied as possible, as well as being authentic.
- The timetables may be adjusted according to the availability of the party providing the service.
- Except for those expressly stated, the activities do not require a minimum number of people.
- It is recommended that you check availabilities and prices according to dates, the number of days that you are staying and the number of travellers.
- The majority of the accommodation is three-star hotels.
- Depending on availability, the accommodation can be changed to a hotel of a similar or higher class.
- Foreign visitors can be provided with a guide who speaks English, from their arrival at the destination. Service available at an extra cost.
- Should you require it, there is a pick-up and transfer service available from Granada-Jaén Federico García Lorca Airport. Service available at an extra cost.
- Check prices, conditions and availability for special dates, a supplement fee for individuals, discounts for children, cot service and internet connection, amongst other options.