- DAY 1. A guided tour of the Museum of the Battle of Navas de Tolosa. Check-in to the selected accommodation from 12:00. Lunch. Guided tour of Baños de la Encina and its Castle. Dinner.
- DAY 2. Breakfast at accommodation. A bike ride or a hike, without a guide, through the Sierra de Andújar Natural Park. In the afternoon, a guided tour of the Museum of the Battle of Bailén and a handicrafts workshop. Dinner following the Bailén tapas route.
- DAY 3. Breakfast at accommodation. A guided tour of a ranch which rears fighting bulls and pure-bred Andalusian horses. In the afternoon, a visit to the open-air shopping centre in Linares or to one of its museums (the Raphael Museum or the visitor centre focusing on mining). Dinner on the famous route at a tapas bar in Linares.
- DAY 4. Breakfast at accommodation. A guided tour of the old quarter of Jaén, its monuments and the Cathedral of the Asunción. Olive-oil tasting. Lunch in one of the taverns in the old quarter. In the afternoon, guided tours of the visitor centre focusing on the Military Order of Calatrava and of the Castle of Alcaudete. Dinner.
- DAY 5. Breakfast at accommodation. A guided tour of the Fortress of la Mota in Alcalá la Real. Lunch.
Four nights in a bed-and-breakfast hotel. Guided tours of the Museum of the Battle of Navas de Tolosa; Baños de la Encina and its Castle; the Museum of the Battle of Bailén; a ranch which rears fighting bulls and pure-bred horses; the old quarter of Jaén, its monuments and the Cathedral of the Asunción; the visitor centre focusing on the Military Order of Calatrava and the Castle of Alcaudete; and the Fortress of la Mota in Alcalá la Real. A handicrafts workshop. Olive-oil tasting. Important: Unless expressly stated otherwise, the average duration of the visits is 2 hours and this does not include the transfers between the localities.
IN THE SURROUNDING AREA
Sierra de Andújar, Despeñaperros and Sierra Mágina Natural Parks. The Olive Oil Green Route. The towns of Úbeda and Baeza, which have been inscribed on the World Heritage List.
Handicraft shops, wineries, a craft-beer factory, pottery workshops, sweet factories, 4×4 tours, hiking, birdwatching and Iberian-lynx watching, equestrian centres, the Peñalosa and Cástulo archaeological sites, museums and other activities included in the guidebook and itinerary of the Castles and Battlegrounds Route.
OPTIONAL ACTIVITIES ON OFFER
The Route gives you the opportunity to discover the rich and varied cultural and natural heritage of Jaén and to experience its castles and fortresses. You can enjoy hikes or bike trips along the 55km of the Olive Oil Green Route and discover the olive-oil culture in the land which is the largest producer in the world, as well as its popular Easter celebrations, the romerías (religious processions) and the traditional fairs in its villages. You can visit the Natural Parks and ranches that rear fighting bulls and pure-bred horses and take part in activities such as 4×4 trips across its mountains, photography, bird-watching and Iberian-lynx watching. You can discover pastures of migrating shepherds, the mining heritage linked to centuries of mining and the Nuevas Poblaciones of Carlos III or enjoy the gastronomy and the tapas culture which is so strongly rooted in these lands. These are all some of the examples of what this destination can offer.
REGARDING STAYS IN ANY BOOKED ACCOMMODATION
- The prices stated are final, including V.A.T.
- The programmes listed are the same throughout the year. However, depending on the season, activities that complement those which have been described in detail may be included as optional or recommended to make your stay along the Route of the Castles and Battlegrounds of Jaén as appealing and varied as possible, as well as being authentic.
- The timetables may be adjusted according to the availability of the party providing the service.
- Except for those expressly stated, the activities do not require a minimum number of people.
- It is recommended that you check availabilities and prices according to dates, the number of days that you are staying and the number of travellers.
- The majority of the accommodation is three-star hotels.
- Depending on availability, the accommodation can be changed to a hotel of a similar or higher class.
- Foreign visitors can be provided with a guide who speaks English, from their arrival at the destination. Service available at an extra cost.
- Should you require it, there is a pick-up and transfer service available from Granada-Jaén Federico García Lorca Airport. Service available at an extra cost.
- Check prices, conditions and availability for special dates, a supplement fee for individuals, discounts for children, cot service and internet connection, amongst other options.