THE “VILCHES, GUARDIAN OF THE SPOILS OF WAR” MEDIEVAL FIESTAS
-Inaugural parade, which will leave from Plaza Mayor.
- Path of Sensations
- Opening Times: morning and afternoon/evening.
5, 6 and 7 September:
- Medieval Handicrafts Market in the Charco Verde district.
- Times: 5 September: 20:00, 6 September: 18:00, 7 September: 12:00.
- Entertainment at the handicrafts market.
- Eastern dance performance.
- Medieval Arts and Professions Exhibition
- Old-style fencing exhibition.
- Children’s puppet theatre.
- Medieval music concert
- Theatre production.
- Day of children’s activities: workshops on handicrafts, human chess, popular games and more.
- Time: 12:00
- Location: The main market square.
MEDIEVAL FIESTAS: MEDIEVAL FIESTAS NEXT TO THE CALATRAVAN CASTLE IN LOPERA
19, 20 and 21 September:
-Medieval market, featuring handicraft items being made and a games corner (including Goose, Medieval Rodent Roulette, Medieval Gymkhana, Stilts, Noughts and Crosses, Medieval Banquet and more). This takes place inside the Calatravan Castle.
- Participatoryworkshops: children’s archery, medieval calligraphy, ceramics, face painting and more. These take place inside the Calatravan Castle.
- Themed stalls (writing, pottery, wooden toys, small books and more). These are located inside the Calatravan Castle.
- Times: from 12:00 to 14:30 and from 18:00 to 22:00.
-Street processionsfeaturing music played the Municipal Music Band, dressed in period costume in the area surrounding the Calatravan Castle. It also includes jugglers, fire-eaters and circus performers.
20 and 21 September:
-Path of sensationsin the courtyard of the Castle.
- Opening Hours: All day.
- Price: Free entry.
-Concert by the Celtic group CELTIPATIA inside the Castle.
- Time: 22:00
- Price: Free entry.
- Capacity: 120 people.
FIESTAS OF MACÍAS EL ENAMORADO
26, 27 and 28 September:
- 10th edition of the Medieval Fiestas of Macías el Enamorado in the Castle of Macías el Enamorado and the surrounding area.
- Inauguration ceremony of the Medieval Market
- The Royal Party enters the Castle of Macías el Enamorado.
- Inauguration of the Medieval Market.
- Theatrical performance of “Hernán Pérez and Macías el Enamorado: a fight for Doña Elvira’s love” on the walls of the Castle.
- Medieval Market which immerses visitors in the medieval period. Music from the Medieval period adds to the atmosphere throughout the entire market and it is decorated like a real medieval area, with decorated streets and the smell of straw covering the ground. All of this occurs inside the Castle and the streets surrounding it and is the place where the futile love of Macías el Enamorado and Doña Elvira flourish. The market features refreshment stands, handicrafts, medicinal plants, a bakery, a confectioner, medieval barbecues, witchcraft portals, wooden toys and more.
- Medieval Dance Workshop
- Troubadour Band:
- The Royal Delegation will arrive and the Medieval Proclamation will be read out, inviting all citizens to participate in the 7th edition of the Medieval Fiestas of Macías el Enamorado.
- The Medieval Street Processions will then begin, accompanied by music and juggling, jesters, giants, fire-breathers, Calatravan knights and knights of the Order of the Temple, as well as people from the market and people dressed in medieval clothing. This year, some special characters, The Crazy Court of the Castle of Troubadour Macías, will be with us. These characters will be played by the Los Cocodrilos local youth entertainment group.
- Birds of prey exhibition with times scheduled when there will be demonstrations of these birds in flight.
- Pony rides for the youngest members of the family. Authentic farms with hens, pigs, sheep and more.
- Temple Camp, where you will be able to discover some of the secrets of the Knights of the Order of the Temple and be taught the noble art of the sword through theory and practical classes. There will also be demonstrations of sword-fighting techniques scheduled over the three days.
- Creative-Workshops Tents: Featuring workshops in juggling, coats of arms, crowns, face painting and more.
- Path of Sensations