- DAY 1. Arrival and a guided tour of the Museum of the Battle of Navas de Tolosa. Check-in to the selected hotel from 12:00. Lunch. In the afternoon, guided tours of Burgalimar Castle, the “Torreón del Recuerdo” visitor centre and the old quarter of the town of Baños de la Encina. Dinner at the hotel.
- DAY 2. Breakfast at the hotel. In the morning, guided tours of the Museum of the Battle of Bailén and an olive-oil mill with opportunities to learn about, taste and purchase superior quality olive oil. Lunch on the route at a tapas bar in Bailén. In the afternoon, a visit to a pottery workshop in Bailén, including a pottery workshop. Dinner at the hotel.
- DAY 3. Breakfast at the hotel. Unaccompanied tours of the Cástulo archaeological site, as well as the Raphael Museum and the Mining Museum in Linares. Lunch along the famous route of tapas bars in Linares.
Two nights at a hotel half board (breakfast and dinner). Entry to the museums and visitor centres on days 1 and 2. Guided tours in Baños de la Encina. Entry and tasting session in the olive-oil mill. Visit to the pottery workshop. A list of recommended restaurants and taverns in Bailén and Linares will be provided. Important: Unless expressly stated otherwise, the average duration of the visits is 2 hours and this does not include the transfers between the towns.
IN THE SURROUNDING AREA
Despeñaperros and Sierra de Andújar Natural Parks, as well as the towns of Úbeda and Baeza, which have been inscribed on the World Heritage List.
The Cimbarra Waterfall during the rainy season. The mining town of El Centenillo and the region of NuevasPoblaciones. Visit an equestrian centre and go for a ride on horseback through the Natural Parks. Visit a ranch which breeds fighting bulls (check dates and availability).
OPTIONAL ACTIVITIES ON OFFER
Visit to a ranch which breeds fighting bulls and a meal at the same farm (€30/person). Pottery workshop (€5/person). 4×4 tour in the Sierra de Andújar during September and October to spot deer during mating season (€30/person). Horseback riding (€20/person/hour). These optional activities require a group of at least 8 people and their average duration is approximately 3 hours. Confirm prices, dates and availability. You can also stay overnight at a first-class campsite.
REGARDING STAYS IN ANY BOOKED ACCOMMODATION
- The prices stated are final, including V.A.T.
- The programmes listed are the same throughout the year. However, depending on the season, activities that complement those which have been described in detail may be included as optional or recommended to make your stay along the Route of the Castles and Battlegrounds of Jaén as appealing and varied as possible, as well as being authentic.
- The timetables may be adjusted according to the availability of the party providing the service.
- Except for those expressly stated, the activities do not require a minimum number of people.
- It is recommended that you check availabilities and prices according to dates, the number of days that you are staying and the number of travellers.
- The majority of the accommodation is three-star hotels.
- Depending on availability, the accommodation can be changed to a hotel of a similar or higher class.
- Foreign visitors can be provided with a guide who speaks English, from their arrival at the destination. Service available at an extra cost.
- Should you require it, there is a pick-up and transfer service available from Granada-Jaén Federico García Lorca Airport. Service available at an extra cost.
- Check prices, conditions and availability for special dates, a supplement fee for individuals, discounts for children, cot service and internet connection, amongst other options.