FIESTAS OF MACÍAS EL ENAMORADO
26, 27 and 28 September:
- 10th edition of the Medieval Fiestas of Macías el Enamorado in the Castle of Macías el Enamorado and the surrounding area.
- Inauguration ceremony of the Medieval Market
- The Royal Party enters the Castle of Macías el Enamorado.
- Inauguration of the Medieval Market.
- Theatrical performance of “Hernán Pérez and Macías el Enamorado: a fight for Doña Elvira’s love” on the walls of the Castle.
- Medieval Market which immerses visitors in the medieval period. Music from the Medieval period adds to the atmosphere throughout the entire market and it is decorated like a real medieval area, with decorated streets and the smell of straw covering the ground. All of this occurs inside the Castle and the streets surrounding it and is the place where the futile love of Macías el Enamorado and Doña Elvira flourish. The market features refreshment stands, handicrafts, medicinal plants, a bakery, a confectioner, medieval barbecues, witchcraft portals, wooden toys and more.
- Medieval Dance Workshop
- Troubadour Band:
- The Royal Delegation will arrive and the Medieval Proclamation will be read out, inviting all citizens to participate in the 7th edition of the Medieval Fiestas of Macías el Enamorado.
- The Medieval Street Processions will then begin, accompanied by music and juggling, jesters, giants, fire-breathers, Calatravan knights and knights of the Order of the Temple, as well as people from the market and people dressed in medieval clothing. This year, some special characters, The Crazy Court of the Castle of Troubadour Macías, will be with us. These characters will be played by the Los Cocodrilos local youth entertainment group.
- Birds of prey exhibition with times scheduled when there will be demonstrations of these birds in flight.
- Pony rides for the youngest members of the family. Authentic farms with hens, pigs, sheep and more.
- Temple Camp, where you will be able to discover some of the secrets of the Knights of the Order of the Temple and be taught the noble art of the sword through theory and practical classes. There will also be demonstrations of sword-fighting techniques scheduled over the three days.
- Creative-Workshops Tents: Featuring workshops in juggling, coats of arms, crowns, face painting and more.
- Path of Sensations
CHRISTMAS HANDICRAFTS MARKET
19, 20 and 21 December: During the morning and afternoon/evening, nearly forty stalls will bring life and colour to our square. There are stalls selling all types of items: trinkets, pastries, bread, Christmas items, traditional chips, old toys and more. Around these stalls, there will be activities for all the family and visitors in general, with Medieval music from across the whole world adding to the atmosphere.
- Location: Plaza de la Encarnación
- Opening hours: Morning and afternoon/evening.
More than 70 years of experience, over one thousand members and some 5,000 hectares for growing olive groves have resulted in one of the best olive oils made in Jaén. The facilities boast the most advanced technology to guarantee the quality of a product unlike any other in the world.
Since 1850, it has produced and bottled pomace oil and virgin olive oil following a strict quality control system recognised by Aenor. In its commitment to the environment and sustainable development, the by-products of the olive grove are used for generating energy or in wood-fired kilns for making ceramics as well.
Its extensive menu of dishes and a personalised service characterise this establishment located in Arjonilla, a small municipality located in the beautiful olive groves of the region of Jaén. Its proximity to other municipalities included in the Route makes it a perfect place to relax during your journey.
Its extensive menu of dishes and a personalised service characterise this establishment located in Arjonilla, a small municipality located in the beautiful olive groves of the region of Jaén. Its proximity to other municipalities included in the Route make it a perfect place to relax during your journey.